The Youngs

Anything but normal.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Sweet Clementine

On Sunday, Zinty and I were on our way to church when we picked up Clementine. She was walking to town, as most of the locals here do, so we offered her a ride. She gladly got in my car and we headed on our way. She began telling us that she was on her way to visit her daughter who has been sick for 2 years with TB and HIV. She has two young children, whom she is too weak to take care of. Clementine was going to help her with the kids and take care of the washing. I prayed with her before she left and encouraged her that God would bless her for her service to her daughter. HIS daughter. This is such a common story here. We are seeing the middle generation die off. Children are being left with their 80 year old grandparents and most of the time the children end up taking care of the elder, not the other way around. Pray for Swaziland. Pray for the aids epidemic that is attempting to take over this tiny country. Pray for Clementine.

3 Comments:

Blogger showstopper said...

Friend!!! I love that we are friends and that we will always be friends. I want to sob when I think about you leaving, but I am also excited about the amazing things God has for you guys!! I love you!!!

4:45 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

How awesome to be able to minister in such a way! Clementine will be in our prayers.

12:58 PM  
Blogger kristishack said...

Hi Friends! I miss you two and think of you every day-I hung a ton of pics from our trip in my office. You are in my prayers as well.
I'm glad things went so well with the youth outreach.
Keep on touching lives! It's awesome what you're doing!
Any news from the king about some land?

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page