The Youngs

Anything but normal.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Gentle Whisper

1 Kings 19:11-13
"Go out and stand before me on the mountain," the LORD told him. And as Elijah stood there, the LORD passed by, and a mighty windstorm hit the mountain. It was such a terrible blast that the rocks were torn loose, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. And after the earthquake there was a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire there was the sound of a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his cloak and went out and stood at the entrance of the cave.

How many times are we waiting for the thunderstorms and really we should be listening for the gentle whisper. I pray that I would be more aware of the whispers. I want to be like Elijah, knowing God so well that I do not jump at the windstorm thinking that it is God but that I would wait for the whisper.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Lord, for the lives of Charles and Kristen. They are your instruments to bring many souls to your kingdom.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Susan Rodgers said...

good Word, Kristen!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Cajun Tiger said...

I can totally understand that desire. We tend to run so fast in life that we don't have a chance to hear that gentle whisper. Thanks for the reminder =)

11:35 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Thank you so much for your blog, insights, day in the life, and testimony of what you are doing in Swaziland. It is such an inspiration for me.

How did the day of prayer go on the 5th? I pray that God continues to bless you and the entire Children's Cup team. You all are awesome!!

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that!!!! What a great word. We think about you guys often. Love and many prayers, Mike & Rachel

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you!
A great word for all of us!

I love you and miss you,
mom

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page