The Youngs

Anything but normal.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Satyin Alive At Age 5

I was in the community the other day and I came across a couple of kids and it broke me. As I was driving down this dirt rode I saw a couple of little people walking down the rode with something on there heads. As I got closer I realized that it was just kids carrying wood on there heads. I stoped and talkled to them and found out that they where carrying this wood for them to cook food for the night. I asked how old they where they said 5. I thought to myself a 5 year old that has to find wood then gather it and then carry it for how ever far. Then when they get home they have to build a fire and prepare the food for the night. Man it messed me up. Having trouble posting pics will do though.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carole Turner said...

Hi, I posted about your shirts on my blog!

http://thewardrobeandthewhitetree.blogspot.com/2007/04/africa-shirts.html

10:02 AM  
Blogger Jean Ohlerking said...

keep on loving those "strays" and God is gonna bless you abundantly. i love the huge hearts you two have for those hurting little kids.
we miss you and pray for you all the time.
meemaw

4:36 PM  
Blogger Cajun Tiger said...

We just did a Child Survival fundraiser a couple of weeks ago and the theme was..."Want to live to 100...how about 5?" During the night the stats on how big a difference it is for child survival in Africa compared to here. It was very eye opening and praise God that $20K was raised for a child survival program we are going to work with in Burundi through World Relief. We leave on May 11 and will be in Burundi until May 25th.

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristen that is so true- just trying to make it to 5. Stay strong, ya'll are amazing people. I love you guys loads. .... ... .. see you next week.... ... .. Yipee!!!!!!!

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page