The Youngs

Anything but normal.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Youth Crusade

There is such a need for the youth and children here. They are forgotten and thrown away for anyone and everyone to take advantage of. We work with so many of the ones that have no hope left in their lives because they were robbed of there inasence at such a young age. On a daily bases we walk and drive around and there they are children from what it looks like out numbering the adults because the life expectancy is only 36 years old. So when the parents and care takers die the children are there to fend for themselves. What a tricky way for the devil to still the hope and dreams from the kids. But we know that Jesus is bigger than that. Jesus plan for the kids and the rest of the world is freedom, to give a serve them till there is nothing left to serch the world for lost souls and to provide hopes and dreams to those that have lost them or never had it. Thats why pat, kristen and myself fill like a youth crusade for thousands of kids from 15-20 can come together and send praise to the Father who can restore the abuse and give vision to those who've had it stollen from them. November is when were shooting for so please pray that the hearts of the people are pure and everything will go with the heartbeat of Christ.

7 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Hey ya'll! We will be there in one week! Can you believe it?! I am so excited and can't wait!

Kristin, I know that you were going through some homesickness but know that you all are doing some incredible things for the Kingdom and God honors and blesses that. He is so proud of you.
You are doing the work of God- Isaiah 58:6-7, 9-10 and stand firm in the promises which he will bless you with, verses 8-9, 11-12, 14!

We will be there to encourage you and hug you soon! Until then you are in our prayers continually!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Doug Myers said...

Uncle C Dog and Auntie Kitty ~

If you guys have any fun pics from our little Christmas in July party, we'd love to have a couple.

We love you guys! Glad you are part of the Swaziland family.

The Myers

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey kristen and charles, it's amazing to see all the awesome ways that our Father is using ya'll. Thank you for your obedience because it has been a blessing for me just to read about everything. You are in Garrett and my prayers and continue doing the work of our Lord. -Andre'-

4:54 PM  
Blogger Patrick Conti said...

To all you blog readers out there...we need a name for the event Charles is talking about. Please leave any suggestions...we really want to talk about authentic Christianity & God's radical love. So this is your time to name drop :)

Thanks y'all for the suggestions

3:13 AM  
Blogger Carole Turner said...

I read your blog and I get jelous. My heart is very attached to the children in Africa. I get anxious, you know like, "oh my gosh, I have to do more!" we currently support Ben and Susan and I know that is all God would have for us to do there right now but I do dream of a day when I can go to Africa. Iwant to bring my children and show them why we American's are blessed-we are blessed to be a blessing and to meet the needs of the lost, hungry and hurting like you do everyday. We are so spoiled here, everyday I pray God help me become less and less about things and more and more about reaching the world with His love.
I know God put Africa on my heart so that I would always pray for them. Ben and Susan have long since been on my heart and now you and your wife will be as well. If I can't go there, I can certainly help the ones who are there. You have my support.
I don't know if you will remember me but I went with a group to the New Orleans Airport after Katrina that you headed up.

Thanks for your blog.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Cajun Tiger said...

That's sounds like a greaat idea!!! hmmmm...I wonder how much a plane trip from Iraq in November would cost?

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Charles, Hi Kristen!
Of course you have the 40 days, but we have been praying for Childrens Cup and you too way longer than that. It is hard to imagine the level of abuse and poverty you witness hourly. Christ is the only solice that pulls us all through life as a human. What a precious gift you two and the other couples are bringing to your charges young and older. If you can help them with the mindset, they can achieve some sort of self worth and a way to endure and grow.

Charles and guys - send more African bush animal encounter stories. One of the well known open wheel race drivers here in the U.S. hit a deer while practicing on a track at over 100 mph and is in the hospital with head injuries....(memories).

We are cooking from the temp. here in Alabaster, kissing 100 degrees F every day. Lots of violent thunderstorms back them up every few days. Looked you guys up on the net and see you are a cool 40-50 F every day. What a suprise. Tons of admiration and love,
Dawson & Beverly Rose

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page