The Youngs

Anything but normal.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Medical Clinics

This has definitely been some of the most incredible few days since I have been here. We are in the middle of a full week of medical clinics at our carepoints. Mission of Mercy has sent this amazing team here of doctors and nurses and they are really reaching the communities in a big way. In these past 3 days we have seen about 1050 patients!! Praise God! 110 people have been tested for HIV and 45 have been found positive. This group blows me away. They are extremely in to what they are doing and making such a huge impact both spiritually and physically. I have seen children hooked up to IV's, an abcess be removed, 3rd degree burns dressed. There was one kid who had stepped on a thorn a while back and the foot was so infected they had to literally dig out all of the infection. It has really just been so cool what they have been able to do for the people. They have taken medical clinics to the next level. I wish I had more knowledge to let you know exactly all of the things they are seeing. I will try to get the medical terms and blog again :) I will also be posting pictures tomorrow. Please pray for these next two days!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page