The Youngs

Anything but normal.

Monday, October 01, 2007

Hospital Visit

Today my friend Zinty and i went to the government hospital to visit the Children's Ward. The situation there is so sad. It just breaks my heart every time I go, yet I can't quit going. Today, we were in an area where people were waiting to get yellow fever shots and HIV treatments. I was sitting next to this woman holding a 5 day old baby. I didn't as why they were there, but she held have a card in her hand with all of the baby's information. The thing that struck me the most was not the reason for the baby being there, but 2 simple questions that asked: How many children has the mother birthed? How many children are alive now? The fact that that question was even on there disturbed me so much. Too many children are dying here. Too many babies are dying here. Lord, i plead for this country. Save its people. Only You can. Only You.

1 Comments:

Blogger Save Tater said...

I know its hard for you to go to the hospital, but your courage is making a huge impact.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page