The Youngs

Anything but normal.

Monday, April 16, 2007

They didn't have a choice








God teaches me daily here. I love it!!
A few weeks ago, Teresa asked me to go with her to the government hospital to see one of our care point kids, Gcina. Some playground equipment had fallen on his face, resulting in him having to have complete reconstructive surgery on several bones in his face. His nose, cheek, jaw and chin. He was sent to Johannesburg, South Africa and we are still waiting on his return. While at the hospital, I began scanning the room, looking at all of the children there and wondering their stories. The government hospital is a really sad place to go. The staff seem so unconcerned with the patients. The roaches are EVERYWHERE. You literally have to keep stepping on them to keep them from crawling up your legs. They serve one meal a day to patients. ONE MEAL A DAY IN A HOSPITAL! It is like something you see in a scary movie. Dark hallways with worn walls and cracks everywhere with water leaking in. I sweat from the moment we enter because there is no AC. And this is where the people here turn for help.
While there on our first visit to see Gcina, I noticed a small little girl in the corner, barely strong enough to keep her eyes open. I walked over to her bed and began singing to her and rubbing her back and face. With all her strength she sat up in her bed and held her arms up for me to hold her. I broke! MY heart melted then and there. I scooped her up and began praying over her. I felt God so strongly. I knew He had purpose for her. She is 3 years old and her name is S'nenhlahla. A few weeks ago, they found out that she is HIV positive. Over the last few weeks, me and a friend have gone at least every other day, bringing food and stuffed animals and coloring books.God has really opened the doors andI have built a great relationship with Sne and her family. They are christians and we are able to pray every time. The improvement in Sne over the last 3 weeks has been AMAZING!! God is doing big things in her life. She hasn't even started the medicines yet. She was too malnutritioned so they wouldnt put her on them, but because she is getting so much healthier, she starts the meds today!! Thank you LORD!!
Please pray for her and all of the children in the government hospital. They didn't ask to be born here. They didn't ask to get sick. They didn't have a choice in where to go. Praise God for what He is doing in Sne's life and believe Him to do it in others.

11 Comments:

Blogger JASON RYDER said...

Can I link you to my blog???
www.Jasonryder.blogspot.com

Check it out!! Hope you all are well. When you coming to HPC

8:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow Kristen... what amazing opportunities God has put in your path!! It is great to see that you and Charles are being good stewards of those opportunities!

Hope you're well... oh yes, and September 1st is our official wedding date!

9:44 AM  
Blogger 4point5 said...

We are so proud of you guys. I talked with Dave Ohlerking at church the other day and when I asked about you guys he couldn't say enough about you two. He says that Charles has singlehandedly reached basically all the "street" children in the city and that both of you have brought a spirit to the Children's Cup team that is unexplainable. I am honored to call you our friends. You are making a bigger impact than you'll ever know. Ya'll are always on our minds and we will never stop praying for you. We love you and miss you.

-Brandon

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kristen and Charles! I haven't met you guys yet, but I am in the process of preparing for Bayside's trip to Swaziland. I love reading your blog. It motivates me and is helping me to spiritually and mentally prepare for the trip. God bless! I can't wait to meet you! In His name, Charlene

8:54 AM  
Blogger Connie Firmin said...

You guys are amazing! What a true picture of Christ you guys are!

12:03 AM  
Blogger Aimee Cait said...

I love seeing how God speaks through His children. I'm praying for you and for the people you're able to touch -- you two are amazing.

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, have you seen that little girl that was in the abandoned babies ward?? her name is Ghetti i think, she is probably right at a year old now. its wierd, i thought about her all day today, then i read your blog about the kids in the hospital. if you remember, email me and tell me how she's doing. i know the kids love to see you when you come to visit them. in such a dark place, the light of Jesus in you shines SO bright!!! love and miss you!!!

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every post from you guys in an inspiration. It's so awesome to see you living out daily God's plan for your life.

We miss you guys, and are praying for you constantly!

Take care of our Elevators ;)

-Josh

P.S. I'm linking your blog on mine now!

www.josh-bob.com

8:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Kristen & Charles!
What a great post about you touching those and being the hands of God to make a physical and spiritual difference in the hospital!!!

I think about you both often, and pray God's continued health, protection, and guidance in you!

I love you and miss you!
DAD

2:58 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

keep up the amazing work... I miss you Kristin... can't wait to see you and hear more about what ya'll are doing.

love Paula

2:47 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

I miss you guys already!!! I'll be in touch.

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page