The Youngs

Anything but normal.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Waiting....


I missed my flight yesterday :( Forcing me to spend the night in Johannesburg and get on a flight today. It has given me time to think too much :) Africa has been such a blessing in my life. Such a life-changing experience. Hard to believe that it is about to be over. My heart hurts so much to be leaving everything here behind, but at the same time is so over-joyed about the next phase of my life. Is it possible to feel those two emotions at the same time? They are so far from each other. I can cry with the pain of leaving at one moment, and then feel overwhelming excitement in the next. I love Swaziland, I love its people, its beautiful land, the children, the ministry we did there. I love it all and I will miss it greatly. Please pray for us as we transition into this new phase of our lives. I know it can be equally and even more fufilling, if we allow God to do all He wants to. Thank you to everyone who is walking this with us.

5 Comments:

Blogger tweez said...

Yes you can feel those two things at once. Overwhelming emotion, but so exciting. God has prepared you both for such a time as this.

See you this week.
Jennifer Laird

4:03 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I am so glad y'all are here @ Bayside, we love ya! And I love the pic, can't wait till I can hike it again!!

Sarah

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is going to bless you more than you can possibly imagine because of your obedience to His call. I'll be praying for you in this new adventure.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Mazzuca Maddness said...

Did misisng your flight just make you cry so very much? Or did you try and spend the last of your Rand? Hey, I think you're fun! Maybe we can talk on the phone some time...but not this Tue...chemo day (blah!) which, for some reason, is the day Charles always calls! I need your phone number so I can call you. I'd love to know how things are going!

Crystal

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brother Charles:

Absolutely you can feel dual emotions.. I was part of the "31" and only spent 17 day in Swaziland/South Africa and I felt the exact same way.

No worries though, God will so richly bless you as you move forward into the new chapter of your life. You have followed his calling... and God rewards those who are faithful!

Grace, peace and blessings to you
Brett Asher
Clayton, NC

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page