The Youngs

Anything but normal.

Monday, May 21, 2007

God our Healer

This is Sne about a month ago in the hospital.
This is Sne ysterday at her homestead.

Hiking at the homestaed.
Sne wanting to drive my car :)

So you may remember a couple of posts ago I shared with you about some of the kids in the government hospital. That place is a mission field in itslef. Teresa, Bri, Zinty, Mary and I have been doing lots of ministry there. It is full of opportunity for God to be shared there.
A few children i particular have really reached inside of me and grabbed my heart. One of those is a little girl named S'nenhlahla, but we can call her Sne (snay) for short. When I first saw her in the hospital, she was so thin and frail. At only 3 years old, she was diagnosed with the ever growing HIV virus. Her hand were stiff and turned in, she was barely eating, constantly having runny stomach and she had a horrible rash all over her entire body. After weeks of visiting her and praying over her, she began to get healthy and was eventually discharged.
This past weekend, a few friends a I drove to her homstead, about an hour from where I live to visit her and her family. God is so good!! She looks like a different child. Healthy, laughing, full of energy and a HUGE appetitie. She is always asking for food! She has gained a significant amount of weight and her rash is almost all cleared up.
Do I know that she is on medication? Yes. Do I know that the medicine is probably a big reason for her recovery? Yes. Do I see other kids with the same issues and the same treatment not get better? Yes. Do I believe God is doing bigger things here? Most definitely.
I pray that through the relationship God has given us with Sne and her family, that they will all know Christ in a personal way. As their provider and their healer. Praise God! He is working here!!

3 Comments:

Blogger merrill5 said...

I can not beleive that is the same child!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Jean Ohlerking said...

My God can do anything!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Rachael said...

that's just like the men that lowered their friend from the roof of the house to meet jesus...it was by their faith he was healed! i get so pumped when i read ya'll blogs! keep fighting the good fight, you have fans from jacksonville cheering you on!!!

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page