The Youngs

Anything but normal.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Zimbabwe




Well we made it back from Zim. It was amazing. Other than the fact that we didn't have water or electricity for half the time we were there. I had 2 showers the whole time we were there how lovely. But it was worth every bit of it. We were able to go into the communities that we a re trying to connect with there and build relationship with the people. In one of the communities that we are trying to get in there were so many kids running around and no parents. It was mind blowing. Another place is the highest HIV infected place in that area. As I was there all I could think about is how the devil comes to steal kill and destroy. I cant wait to get in there and start fighting. To bring the life of Christ to thoose people and let the devil know whos boss.

4 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

Hey guys! I miss you both very much. Sorry i haven't been in touch sooner. I have been meaning to email since i got back to the states. I've been busy. The day before i left Africa I found out my mom had a really serious diagnosis of breast cancer. Since then i've moved to Austin to help her. She got home from the hospital yesterday. Things are pretty good considering...

I can't wait to go back to Africa though...

6:43 PM  
Blogger jason laird said...

my lil afrikans...love ya and miss ya like crazy.....hope all is well. holla soon

12:10 PM  
Blogger Jean Ohlerking said...

thanks for posting pix of the zim kids. can't wait 'til we can do more in there...

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to be there with you guys in July. Our team (in Memphis and in Baton Rouge) is getting ready and more excited as the time creeps up. It's gonna be awesome!

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page